ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum ProxyFire.net @Twitter ProxyFire.net @Facebook ProxyFire.net @LinkedIn                         

Go Back   ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum > Proxyfire Support > Proxyfire Software Support
Register FAQ Our Chat Mark Forums Read

» Important News: ProxyFire.net is going to be upgrading «

warframe banner

Unread 08-03-2011, 19:26   #1
innave
administrator

Credits: 43,623.20
Exclamation Ideas for Proxyfire software improvements

Hello, friends

Here in this topic you can offer & discuss any ideas for proxyfire software improvements

every thought & discussion is welcome very much!

here's the one i got in PM:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somethin420
idea for future verson of proxyfire

Hello I use proxyfire on a daily basis and I have an idea for what I think would be a great addition to a future version of proxyfire.
A leechlist checker and a leechlist builder tab. Basically leechlists are in my opinion the best way to get proxies.

The only problem is creating and maintaining that list.
leechlist builder This would be very similar to you P-search tab only it would test the proxies from each individual site/link separately so you have a detailed list of what sites are good and bad.
It would have a feature to set a minimum number of good proxies needed in order for that site to be added to the leechlist.

Also all sites that leech 0 proxies would be sent to another list as most of those sites would be ones you'd have to sign up for in order to leech the proxies appropriately.

leechlist checker this would leech the proxies from each site in the custom list and then test them out one site at a time.
this way you would know if a site in your default leechlist has stopped updating and should be removed.

Perhaps the same as above in that if a certain number of proxies aren't found alive it would be removed from the leechlist or atleast have a feature to sort the list according to the number of proxies that responded versus the number of proxies that were found i.e. 220/683 would mean that for this site 683 proxies were leeched and of those 220 were good anons Running each of these tabs once a month then combining the old leech list you just checked with the new one you just created and removing dupes would create very good leechlists and make maintaining them easy.

I hope you like my idea and that you think about using it in future versions of proxyfire

Unread 09-03-2011, 16:49   #2
–•Bewãfã•–

Credits: 35.40

Well

In My Opinion - there must be a "Range Checker" as well in Proxy Fire

coz alot of person do scanning of proxies - and many ranges become dead with the passage of time - so proxy fire must have a Range checker which check's whether a ranges i alive or gone

__

+ update the list of Dangerous IP Ranges - for this u need to do the update frequently (Last Update on 18 Nov 2010 - Today is 9 March 2011)

this is what i want in proxy fire

Thank U
Unread 17-09-2011, 05:09   #3
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

Credits: 26.47

Some things I'd like to see in the next version are obviously

1. updates to the codeen lists and forums in the P-Leecher tab.

2. Also, I think that there should be an textfile made in the lists > check folder that holds all valid proxies that are found (or all L, SSL, and Tunnel in one text file and all Socks in another).

3. Another feature that I think should be changed is removing the save format it uses, like 78:80:78:79@HTTP. Kind of annoying to use proxies like that

Last edited by innave : 17-09-2011 at 05:15. Reason: more
Unread 17-09-2011, 05:17   #4
innave
administrator

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdogzz View Post
2. Also, I think that there should be an textfile made in the lists > check folder that holds all valid proxies that are found (or all L, SSL, and Tunnel in one text file and all Socks in another).
Have you seen check_report.txt file in the lists directory and all other *.txt files in the lists\check\ directory of PF?

Quote:
3. Another feature that I think should be changed is removing the save format it uses, like 78:80:78:79@HTTP. Kind of annoying to use proxies like that
just use Proxy Filter (without hostname filter)

or just use Ctrl+H in notepad
Unread 17-09-2011, 05:31   #5
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

The check_report and other text files have extra lines and dividers that I would like to do without

I know about the Ctrl+H trick but it would still be nice to eliminate that step altogether
Unread 20-09-2011, 23:51   #6
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

I'd like to report a bug in Proxyfire. In Windows 7, if the magnifier tool is used, like here:
http://screensnapr.com/v/2Qy0KF.png
then the GUI in Proxyfire is too big for the Window and some of the buttons are covered even if you resize it. I don't know how many people use this setting but my computer had it set automatically so I think it would be helpful if this was ironed out in the next version
Unread 22-09-2011, 06:02   #7
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

Another suggestion that I think should be included in the next version is the ability to pause Proxy Range scanning. When you're scanning a lot I think it would be helpful to be able to pick up where you left off instead of starting all over again
Unread 23-09-2011, 07:25   #8
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

I notice that a lot of returns from my proxies seem to be things like server info and junk, but don't fail because they return information that Proxyfire sees as useful, so I think it would be a good idea if Proxyfire had an optional second stage to check for returns against a user-chosen site after it checks for anonymity. If it returns the page correctly, then it is a good proxy. If not then it isn't recorded. This way it will be able to determine if the proxy can be used for actual browsing instead of just potential
Unread 27-09-2011, 14:11   #9
Jdogzz
ProxyFire' FRIEND

Another suggestion that I think should be implemented is automatically adding the proxies that are filtered out in a hostname filter to the dangerous proxy list. That way the more I scan, the fewer times I get proxies with bad hostnames in my proxylists to check. I'm all about saving time so that would be nice
Unread 28-09-2011, 06:38   #10
innave
administrator

Quote:
proxies that are filtered out in a hostname filter to the dangerous proxy list.
yep, really needed
currently have to do all the things (save & add) manually

as for checking with filtering the lib,
when `Use Lib` and `Filter proxies in the "Proxy Filter" Tab before Check` are checked lib proxies will be filtering again before (re)Check,
but it was already, before placing to the lib,
might be some DB format with date, with tuning this option, so some recent (tune thing) proxies won't be filtered again & just will be (re)Checked

the same with `Only Connecting Test` option, may be it should use only lib proxies (recent) for this (re)Check

& again for the lib and DB format,
would be nice to store proxy type (http-l1/l2/3, socks-4/5/45, etc) inside it like it does but with feature,
so when `Use Lib` & only concrete proxy type for check are selected PF will (re)Check only this type proxies from the lib