ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum ProxyFire.net @Twitter ProxyFire.net @Facebook ProxyFire.net @LinkedIn                         

Go Back   ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum > Proxy Help > Proxy Questions
Register FAQ Our Chat Mark Forums Read

» Important News: ProxyFire.net is going to be upgrading «

warframe banner

Unread 16-06-2012, 08:19   #1
fisherblue
limited Member

Credits: 9.23
Default How can i remove the ports

I would like to put this proxy list into a program which uses proxys but not in this format. is there anyway i can change it from 1.1.1.1@80$1 to 1.1.1.1 automatically?

How can i change it from 1.1.1.1:80@UK to 1.1.1.1

not a real proxy but an example. please help!

Unread 18-06-2012, 22:19   #2
Hobbyist

Credits: 1.01

I may not be following you so I'll apologize in advance if this explaination isn't what you're looking for...

When someone runs a proxy server they decide what port that server will accept incoming connections on. There are some people who run servers on several ports but generally it's a single port at a given IP address that will accept incoming proxy traffic. Port 8080 is common for http proxies so if I ran a server on my IP address, say 50.60.70.80, and set it up to accept traffic on port 8080, then anyone using it would specify 50.60.70.80:8080.

I could choose any port I wanted to accept incoming requests.. 8080, 3128, etc. If I knew there was some program out there that assumed all proxies operated on port 80 unless specificly told otherwise, and if I wanted people running that program to be able to just plug in my IP address without specifying the port, then I could set it up on port 80. _In a case like that_ people running that program could do what you are talking about and just enter my IP address. Their program would assume since they hadn't specified a port they must mean the default port of 80.. and they would find my server.

There are a few servers that do some tricky port mapping to allow access to their proxy server from many different ports. This is not something _you_ do. If you want proxies for use with a program that assumes some default value automaticly (eg port 80) then only include proxies that advertise as XX.XX.XX.XX:80, or whatever port your program assumes. You can then enter just the IP addresses into _that_ program.

HTH

Last edited by Hobbyist : 20-06-2012 at 00:20.
Unread 04-12-2012, 06:37   #3
tuchSuefe

Credits: 48.76
Default How can i remove the ports

as the thread said how to copy free proxy list here since they update the forum proxies port to image its hard to get proxies in this forum so if any one knows how please share it coz admin "INNAVE" i can use captcha soft for image but i dont know how to do it..... thanks