ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum ProxyFire.net @Twitter ProxyFire.net @Facebook ProxyFire.net @LinkedIn                         

Go Back   ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum > General Forum > News and Announcements
Register FAQ Our Chat Mark Forums Read

» News: Happy New Year 2o18! «

warframe banner

Unread 26-12-2013, 03:16   #1
innave
administrator

Thumbs up Merry Christmas Wishes

Merry Christmas to you, your family and your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Nelson

Christmas is a time when you get homesick – even when you’re home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy L. Smith

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barry

Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips Brooks

The earth has grown old with its burden of care but at Christmas it always is young, The heart of the jewel burns lustrous and fair And its soul full of music breaks the air, When the song of angels is sung.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Vincent Peale

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Wetmore Carryl

O Christmas Sun! What holy task is thine! To fold a world in the embrace of God!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Greenleaf Whittier

Somehow, not only for Christmas, but all the long year through, the joy that you give to others, is the joy that comes back to you. And the more you spend in blessing, the poor and lonely and sad, the more of your heart’s possessing, returns to you glad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Avish

Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Dickens

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.J. Cameron

Christmas is the gentlest, loveliest festival of the revolving year – and yet, for all that, when it speaks, its voice has strong authority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Dickens

Happy, happy Christmas, that can win us back to the delusions of our childish days; that can recall to the old man the pleasures of his youth; that can transport the sailor and the traveler, thousands of miles away, back to his own fire-side and his quiet home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis C. Farley

Instead of being a time of unusual behavior, Christmas is perhaps the only time in the year when people can obey their natural impulses and express their true sentiments without feeling self-conscious and, perhaps, foolish. Christmas, in short, is about the only chance a man has to be himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton Hillis

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Avish

May peace be your gift for this Christmas and the blessing of the Almighty be with you and the world to help us all make this world a better place. To make it a Christmas day everyday of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Wesley Brooks

Christmas is forever, not for just one day, for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf. The good you do for others is good you do yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva Logue

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing. It makes no noise at all. But softly gives itself away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loring A. Schuler

For the spirit of Christmas fulfils the greatest hunger of mankind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlan Miller

I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Tusser

Sing hey! Sing hey!
For Christmas Day;
Twine mistletoe and holly.
For a friendship glows
In winter snows,
And so let’s all be jolly!

At Christmas play and make good cheer,
For Christmas comes but once a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora Mattingly Weber

Christmas is for children. But it is for grown-ups too. Even if it is a headache, a chore, and nightmare, it is a period of necessary defrosting of chill and hide-bound hearts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace,
The gladness of Christmas give you hope,
The warmth of Christmas grant you love.

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Wells

I love the Christmas-tide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Wells

‘Tis blessed to bestow, and yet,
Could we bestow the gifts we get,
And keep the ones we give away,
How happy were our Christmas day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vachel Lindsay

Except the Christ be born again tonight
In dreams of all men, saints and sons of shame,
The world will never see his kingdom bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillips Brooks

The earth has grown old with its burden of care,
But at Christmas it always is young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline Morse

Let Christmas not become a thing
Merely of merchant’s trafficking,
Of tinsel, bell and holly wreath
And surface pleasure, but beneath
The childish glamour, let us find
Nourishment for soul and mind.
Let us follow kinder ways
Through our teeming human maze,
And help the age of peace to come
From a Dreamer’s martyrdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusta E. Rundel

Christmas – that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance – a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mathhew Adams

Let us remember that the Christmas heart is a giving heart, a wide open heart that thinks of others first. The birth of the baby Jesus stands as the most significant event in all history, because it has meant the pouring into a sick world of the healing medicine of love which has transformed all manner of hearts for almost two thousand years. Underneath all the bulging bundles is this beating Christmas heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W. C. Jones

The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Winmill Brown

Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and given–when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our homes.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.

Last edited by innave : 01-01-2017 at 23:52. Reason: 2o17