ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum ProxyFire.net @Twitter ProxyFire.net @Facebook ProxyFire.net @LinkedIn                         

Go Back   ProxyFire - The Best Proxy Software and Forum > Proxy Help > Proxy Tutorials
Register FAQ Our Chat Mark Forums Read

» News: Happy New Year 2o18! «

warframe banner

Unread 21-04-2009, 18:06   #1
Fixer

Credits: 941.29
Default How To Scan For Proxies - By Fixer

I will explain the methods i use to scan for proxies.These methods will not be suitable for everyone.A lot will depend on the speed of your internet connection.My connection is approximately 7000Kbps Downstream and 990Kbps Upstream.

Before i start, Be aware that you can get into trouble with your ISP for carrying out such scans.Do it at your own risk.

If you are using Windows XP SP2 or SP3,you will first need to patch your TCPIP.SYS files.More information about it can be found in this thread: http://www.proxyfire.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3694
You will need to set the number of connections to either Unlimited or a number significantly larger than 1000,such as 2000.

The tools that are needed for the scanning and then the checking are:

*ProxyHunter http://www.proxyhunter.net/proxyhunter/proxyhunter.rar
*Charon http://www.project2025.com/Charon.zip
*Range Maker for ProxyHunter (Optional) http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=793614844

Before we do a proper scan,we need to make sure that ProxyHunter will not give us any false results.So to do a quick test,open ProxyHunter and scan this range 213.55.64.0 - 213.55.127.255 for port 1080.When it is finished,click on the 'Results' tab.At this stage ignore all the information there except for what's under the 'Address' column.It should have a list of IP addresses there.In the results,if you end up with over 10,000 IPs and it is listing each and every single IP in that range,example: 213.55.64.0,213.55.64.1,213.55.64.2 and so on,then it is not working properly (see screenshot below).You should only end up with 20-30 IPs if it is working properly.

So,what causes this problem? It is caused by a conflict with other software on your computer such as Antiviruses and Software Firewalls.In my case i do not use any software firewalls and my Windows firewall was also off.It was my antivirus Eset NOD32 that was causing the problem.I had to add ProxyHunter as an excluded application from content filtering so that now any traffic that is through ProxyHunter no longer passes through the antivirus.If you have the same problem,you will need to adjust your software accordingly.

Now we move onto how i use ProxyHunter and what settings i use.I actually use it as a port scanner to check for open ports rather than a proxy hunter/verifier.You will see my settings in the screenshot below.With these settings,i am able to scan a range of IP addresses such as 189.23.0.0 - 189.23.255.255 (65536 IPs) for 1 port in a bit under 3 minutes.Or also can scan 1 IP address for all ports between 1-65535 in under 3 minutes.
The most important fields are the three that i have circled.Connect timeout i set to 2 secs.You can change that to what you want...example...3 or 4 or 5 secs and you will probably end up finding more proxies BUT your scan will take longer.I choose to go for a quick scan even if it means i might end up with a few less proxies.Next is Verify timeout.I set this to the lowest possible value which is 1,because i do not intend to use ProxyHunter to verify them.We will do that later using Charon.The last field is the Parallel sockets.I set it to the maximum which is 1000.This is something you might need to change to suit your situation.If your internet connection starts to drop out and web pages fail to load,then you will need to use a lower amount.

Then you get some proxy ranges that you want to scan and put them into ProxyHunter either manually or use Range Maker to import them in.When scanning ranges,you really should only scan for common proxy ports such as 1080,6588,8080,9090.Also when you enter the port into ProxyHunter,for the Protocol,make sure you always select HTTP.The reason is,if you were to select SOCKS,ProxyHunter will then check each IP for both SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 which will mean your scan will take twice as long as it should.

Once your scan is finished,select all the results and copy them to the clipboard and then paste them into Charon.Test them all with Charon and find out which ones are your proxies.

We now have covered how to scan ranges and common proxy ports.But how do we scan for proxies that are on uncommon ports? The answer is you don't scan for ranges,but rather for individual IP addresses and scan them for the ports 1-65535.Don't scan just any IP though.You would be wasting your time.You need to find some IPs which you suspect might be proxies.These can be obtained from a few sources.To give you an idea,grab a list of Socks proxies that contains ones on uncommon ports,which was posted 3 or 4 days ago.Then quickly check them in Charon to make sure they are NOT working.Then using a program like Notepad2,remove the port numbers and the : off the end of the IP addresses.So you should be left with just a list of IP addresses,one under the other.Rather than just scanning all of these IPs,we should be selective so that we don't waste time.In particular,ones which are good to scan are USA ones which begin with 24. but also it is a good idea to PING the IPs and do not scan any that appear to be dead.You can use a program called PingInfoView which you can get from here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/multiple_ping_tool.html .Once you have decided on the list of IPs you want to scan,this is where Range Maker comes in handy because it allows you to import individual IPs in a list as well as IP ranges.Then scan those IPs for ports 1-65535 in ProxyHunter.Again grab the results and test them with Charon.
With some of them,you will find that the proxy still exists on the same IP address,but just that the port number has changed.

Good luck with the scanning.

Unread 26-08-2009, 18:46   #2
SaRact
limited Member

Credits: 106.51
Default How To Scan For Proxies By Fixer

my question is that the proxies or socks we scans and get from forums are illegal i mean we use them without permission, if a person using the comuter at the same time when i connected with this computer and i suft internet, may this person caught me that i am connected with his computer? may he know which websites i am visiting?
Unread 26-11-2009, 22:15   #3
___JAY___

Credits: 1.90
Rep Power: 13 ___JAY___ is on a distinguished road___JAY___ is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRact View Post
my question is that the proxies or socks we scans and get from forums are illegal i mean we use them without permission, if a person using the comuter at the same time when i connected with this computer and i suft internet, may this person caught me that i am connected with his computer? may he know which websites i am visiting?

to answer this is no becuase the proxy or sock you find n use it on your pc n the other person who mgiht or might not be on the proxy or sock at the same time as you asked woudl nto even know that you have that same proxy or sock since its very hard to do n there are hundred n thousands n millions of socks n proxies being used n leeched n checked all the time

also can a staff member or some one reup the links for these the proxy hunter as well as the rang maker for it cuase the links are no longer workin thanks
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:21   #4
murdox
limited Member

Credits: 16.06

The proxyhunter link is down for me. Is there another mirror?
Unread 07-12-2009, 07:32   #5
Fixer

ProxyHunter V3.1 http://www.hotshare.net/en/file/201413-7344768c19.html

Range Maker V1.01 http://www.hotshare.net/en/file/201414-95296566f0.html
Unread 11-12-2009, 19:48   #6
Mufflon12

Credits: 10.24

thanks very hopefull for me
i watch both videos very nice
Unread 11-09-2010, 00:47   #7
sumgeek

Credits: 101.41

Any way we could get an updated tutorial with some new methods for 2010?

I'm sure a lot has changed in the past year, especially with ISP's noticing connections etc.

Any new tips/tricks people are willing to share for proxyhunter?
Unread 17-09-2010, 06:38   #8
O.M.I
ex-STAFF

Credits: 659.34
Rep Power: 10 O.M.I is on a distinguished roadO.M.I is on a distinguished road

some body can reupload range make link is dead
Unread 22-09-2010, 10:06   #9
Fixer

Range Maker download:
Code:
http://www.hotshare.net/file/304065-5685756c80.html
Virus Total scan result:
Code:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=559e07b161aa58b28e7daee930ce9fae851b4f1b4c2168f5b6e1f547ab54a511-1285148373
Unread 12-11-2010, 06:22   #10
iamkerry
limited Member

Credits: 3.41

Plz post video :-s